Hello Tokyo, a power pop group from Brooklyn, is the kind of band you can't hate. They have enthusiasm, they have the hooks, all they need are some ideas of their own.
Their debut album Sell The Stars would have been better if they hadn't overstuffed the backing tracks with unnecessary fluff. Back to basics and the garage. Turn up singer Kat and crank up the guitars for the next effort. Make it more power and less pop. The world doesn't need another No Doubt.
Sell The Stars is released on April 22nd.Live dates:
- 04/11 Bar Matchless - Brooklyn, NY
- 04/16 Lit Lounge - New York, NY
- 04/25 The Fire - Philadelphia, PA
- 04/26 The Rock & Roll Hotel - Washington D.C.
- 04/29 The Raven - Burlington, NC
- 04/30 New Brookland Tavern - West Columbia, SC
- 05/01 Smiths Old Bar - Atlanta, GA
- 05/03 Coffeehouse - Johnson City, TN
- 05/04 Cock & Bull English Pub - Covington, KY
- 05/06 The Poison Room - Cincinnati, OH
- 05/08 Brother Bean Global Coffee House - Seneca, PA
- 05/16 Dr. Watson’s Pub - Philadelphia, PA
- 06/07 Ulysses - New York, NY
- 07/06 Knitting Factory - New York, NY