January 17, 2009

Steve Cropper: interview in "Modern Guitars Magazine"

Steve Cropper Classic

You don't have to tell Steve Cropper anything about playing guitar. He can do the talking himself in an interview with Modern Guitars Magazine:

I play the Cropper Classic, but it’s a prototype without Cropper Classic written on it. But, it is my settings, pickups, and all that sort of stuff. I have two that I play. Both are prototypes. One of them I’ve been playing almost fourteen years. They’re both Telecaster shaped, but one of them is grooved in the back like a Telecaster Deluxe, so there’s room for your belly. It's sort of contoured like a Strat, but it’s still a Telecaster.

Watch a 1991 live video of Steve Cropper performing Melting Pot at The Strand in NYC with Booker T Jones, Donald Duck Dunn and Anton Fig.

» playitsteve.com

No comments:

Post a Comment