Welsh prog rock trio Godsticks have unveiled The Making Of Emergence, a documentary about the recording of their studio album. Filmed and directed by Chris Vinnicombe during recording sessions that took place in November 2014, they discuss their influences, getting the right tone, rave about the drum and bass sound at Monnow Valley Studios and getting the vocals right at producer James Loughrey's studio.
Emergence is available for pre-order from the band's website. All pre-ordered CDs will be signed by the band and will include: a free digital version of the album and remixes of two tracks by Bruce Soord (The Pineapple Thief), available for download on the release date (September 4th).
They will be supporting guitarist Tony MacAlpine in October and November.Live dates:
- 10/15 Manchester, UK @ Band on the Wall
- 10/16 London, UK @ Underworld
- 11/03 Munich, Germany @ Garage
- 11/04 Zürich, Switzerland @ Komplex 457
- 11/06 Rome, Italy @ Planet Live Club
- 11/07 Bologna, Italy @ Zona Roveri
- 11/08 San Giuliano Terme, Italy @ Blitz Live Music Pub
- 11/09 Bosco Marengo/Alessandria, Italy @ Live 23
- 11/11 Nice, France @ Le Palace
- 11/12 Barcelona, Spain @ Sala Razzmatazz 3
- 11/13 Zaragoza, Spain @ Sala Lopez
- 11/14 Madrid, Spain @ Sala Cats
HCTF review of Emergence.