San Francisco based chamber pop band Foxtails Brigade have released another single from their forthcoming self-titled album. Nun But The Lost changes keys quite a few times (15 times to be exact), includes a false ending after a touch of brass, only to be taken for another short vocal trip, and yes, after the second time the brass kicks in the track comes to a close. It's a musical roller coaster ride that you don't want to end, provided you can handle a "look, mom, no hands, no net" sonic adventure.
Laura Weinbach and Anton Patzner, the band's songwriting team, are melodic daredevils, serving up tasty tidbits from a cornucopia of sounds. If Kate Bush had been taken under Brian Wilson's wing in 1966, she would have sounded like this.
Nun But The Lost will be included on their self-titled album that will be released on OIM Records (USA) and Rallye Label (Japan). Release date; April 8th. Pre-order (vinyl, CD, digital) also via the band's website.Live dates:
- 03/25 San Francisco, CA @ Swedish American Hall
- 03/31 Reno, NV @ The Morris Burner Hotel
- 04/01 Salt Lake City, UT @ The Underground
- 04/02 Salt Lake City, UT @ Afla's Uaa Community Art Garden
- 04/03 Denver, CO @ 7th Circle Music Collective
- 04/04 Omaha, NE @ O'Leaver's Pub
- 04/10 Tulsa, OK @ SoundPony
- 04/11 Dallas, TX @ Liquid Lounge
- 04/12 Austin, TX @ Cheer Up Charlie's
- 04/13 Lubbock, TX @ The Louise Hopkins Underwood Center For The Arts
- 04/14 Scottsdale, AZ @ Pho Cao
- 04/16 Tucson, AZ @ Hotel Congress
- 04/18 San Diego, CA @ Soda Bar
- 04/19 Dallas, TX @ Liquid Lounge
- 04/20 Los Angeles, CA @ Hush Club - Hyperion Tavern
HCTF review of We Are Not Ourselves.