The Franco-German TV network ARTE taped John Cale with his band and special guests at the re-imagining of The Velvet Underground concert in Paris on April 3rd. It is now available for streaming on the Arte Concerts website. TV broadcast on June 11 - 0h35.
Note: they mixed up the running order - White Light / White Heat (w/ Carl Barât and Pete Doherty) and European Son (w/ Carl Barât and Pete Doherty) - traded places - and Lady Godiva's Operation (w/ Saul Williams) and The Gift are missing:
- I'm Waiting For The Man
- White Light / White Heat (w/ Carl Barât and Pete Doherty)
- All Tomorrow's Parties (w/ Mark Lanegan)
- Venus In Furs
- I'll Be Your Mirror (w/ Étienne Daho)
- There She Goes Again (w/ Animal Collective)
- Sunday Morning
- European Son (w/ Carl Barât and Pete Doherty)
- Femme Fatale (w/ Lou Doillon)
- The Black Angel's Death Song (w/ Mark Lanegan)
- Run Run Run (w/ Carl Barât and Pete Doherty)
- Heroin (w/ Saul Williams)
- Sister Ray (w/ all guests)
John Cale: vocals, viola, keyboards
Dustin Boyer: lead guitar, samples
Joey Maramba: bass
Deantoni Parks: drums
Guests: Carl Barât and Pete Doherty (The Libertines) on guitar and vocals; Avey Tqare, Geologist and Panda Bear (Animal Collective) on vocals and keyboards; Nick Franglen (Lemon Jelly) on keyboards and samples; Étienne Daho, Mark Lanegan, Saul Williams, Lou Doillon on vocals.
String quartet: Camille Borsarello, Elsa Eger, Marine Gandon, Julien Gaben.