When your dad is a world famous rock star and your mum is a Japanese poet, changes are that you will get bitten by the artistic bug. Folk singer Jasmine Rodgers released a splendid double A-side single Icicles b/w Sense earlier this year. Her new track Follow You is even better. Driven forward by a pulsating acoustic guitar and washes of cello Rodgers sings about reaching closure after a breakup.
Follow You is the kind of song that Tori Amos has been chasing for the last decade or so. Her voice is powerful, but not as clean as the competition in in her niche. She allows emotion to supersede technique and got a song that is pleasing the ears and the guts.
Follow You will be included on Blood Red Sun, her debut album as a solo artist. Blood Red Sun will be released on October 28.
Jasmine Rodgers will be supporting her dad's band Bad Company in October.Live dates:
- 09/10 Nottingham, UK @ New Art Exchange
- 10/15 Leeds, UK @ Leeds First Direct Arena (Bad Company)
- 10/17 Cardiff, UK @ Cardiff Motorpoint Arena (Bad Company)
- 10/19 Nottingham, UK @ Nottingham Motorpoint Arena (Bad Company)
- 10/21 Birmingham. UK @ Birmingham Genting Arena (Bad Company)
- 11/24 London, UK @ Olympic Studios Music Room