Another digital 45 from Band & The Beat, the dream pop synth outfit formed by husband-wife duo Tracy Shedd and James Tritten. Sweet as Honey is an upbeat invite to dance the night awya, while B-side Look Up is gentle plea to pick up the pieces after an undisclosed incident.
They have a soft spot for the Eighties, so there is a real danger that it would have come out as rather cheesy, but they keep it real and catchy to boot - two songs sharing an optimistic outlook on life, wrapped in washes of analog keyboards.Live dates:
- 09/10 Norfolk, VA @ Charlie's American Cafe (w/ Pain In The Yeahs, Stephanie, Unsay, Sapphogeist)
- 09/15 Carrboro, NC @ The Station (w/ Moyamoya)
- 09/16 Gastonia, NC @ Zoe's Coffee House (w/ Moyamoya and Morrowville)
- 09/17 Charlotte, NC @ The Grasty-Orrell House
- 09/23 Richmond, VA @ Hardywood Park Craft Brewery (w/ with Anousheh and Way, Shape, Or Form)
- 09/30 Asheville, NC @ The Mothlight (with The Volt Per Octaves, Tin Foil Hat, and Lake Lawn)
- 10/01 Simpsonville, SC @ The Soundbox Tavern (w/ Anthem and Carpoolparty)
- 10/08 The Pinhook, Durham, NC (w/ Clear Plastic Masks)
- 10/13 Durham, NC @ The Shed (w/ Tin Foil Hat and The Odds)
- 10/21 Raleigh, NC @ Ruby Deluxe
HCTF review of Straight and Narrow.