Dweezil talked with us about his father’s incredible improvisation skills and about how he was able play for impressively long periods of time without ever having to repeat himself. That was always the goal for Dweezil in playing his father’s music – to build the extensive vocabulary necessary for that level of improvisation – and he shares with us a few of his father’s techniques that help him do it successfully.
50 Years of Frank: Dweezil Zappa Plays Whatever The Fuck He Wants continues with a string of dates in January:
- 01/11 @ Pensacola, FL @ Vinyl Music Hall
- 01/12 Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
- 01/13 Ponte Vedra, FL @ Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- 01/14 Orlando, FL @ The Plaza Live
- 01/15 St. Petersburg, FL @ Jannus Live
- 01/17 Knoxville, TN @ Bijou Theatre
- 01/18 Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel
- 01/19 Raleigh, NC @ Lincoln Theatre
- 01/20 Charlotte, NC @ Neighborhood Theatre
- 01/21 Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
- 01/22 Columbus, OH @ Express Live!
- 01/24 Kalamazoo, MI @ Kalamazoo State Theatre
- 01/25 Bloomington, IL @ The Castle Theatre
- 01/26 Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue