March 20, 2014

Sabatta: Know My Name

Former lone wolf Yinka Oyewole is now part of Sabatta. With drummer Marialessia Dell’acqua they are a catchy cross-over act. Is this grunge soul as the duo claims it is? It is, but there's also hard rock, ska, rock and funk. Their new EP Know My Name is an angry batch of songs. "Stop being such a cunt and we'll get along famously", sings Oyewole in the title track. He adopts a Prince-alike falsetto for the funky No Permission and throws down a loud rock guitar solo in the bridge of Told Ya, but it's the twisted NOLA vibe of I Don't Exist that will make you sit up and take notice.

Know My Name is a self-released EP. Buy it from the band's website. Release date: March 31. The full-length album A Hundred Hurricanes Coming Throug is due for release this summer.

Tracks:
  1. Know My Name
  2. No Permission
  3. Told Ya
  4. I Don't Exist

Live date:
  • 04/17 Cardiff, UK @ Moon

» sabatta.net

No comments:

Post a Comment