December 04, 2014

Dweezil Zappa: PledgeMusic campaign for new album

It's been ten years since the last Dweezil Zappa album. He uses to PledgeMusic to raise funds fro a new record:

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to my PledgeMusic Page. For the first time in 10 years I’m about to start recording a new album of original music. I’m very excited to share the recording process with all of you. For the first time ever, I can invite you into the studio with me and my band to see how we get sounds and make creative decisions.

For this new album, I want to create a hybrid sound for my music, utilizing the best of new technology accented with the rich harmonic sounds of old analog tape and eclectic analog circuits. In order to fully explore this idea I’m teaming up with recording engineer/producer Joe Barresi (Queens Of The Stone Age, Tool.)

My music has extensively evolved over the years and my guitar style has become more diverse. The gauntlet has been thrown down and alongside my band which includes Scheila Gonzalez, Kurt Morgan, Ryan Brown, Ben Thomas and Chris Norton, we are prepared to creatively and sonically navigate our way through this new territory.

Thanks to my friends at PledgeMusic we are able to offer a pre-order for the new album. By pre-ordering the album, you will get it before it’s available anywhere else. Additionally, each pre-order gives you a “virtual” backstage pass to exclusive behind-the-scenes content. I’ll be posting videos from the studio featuring new songs, guitar parts, recording techniques, demos, and other insider action!

This is much more than just a pre-order. For a limited time, I’m offering the chance to own gear used on the album, a full Fractal Axe Effects preset library of my signature sounds, signed CDs, personalized lyrics, have your name included in the liner notes and even the opportunity for you and your own band to have full day in a Los Angeles studio to cut a demo with me.

Thank you for all of your support. I’m looking forward to sharing this recording process with you!

Sincerely, Dweezil

No comments:

Post a Comment