August 02, 2015

Johnny Depp: Keith Richards film is finally finished

Four years in the making Johnny Depp's film about Keith Richard will finally see the light of day:

I've been working on it for about four years now and we've just completed the filming. Actually, it's a little strange to call it a documentary, it's more an opportunity to experience Keith - as people don't get to see him because he's quite a mysterious being. Essentially it's Keith and I sitting around having a conversation and what it boils down to is his wisdom and his philosophy and his experiences - and that would be cut with footage of his life.

I got him for five days about three years ago, and then in February I was with him for another five days and we continued from where we left off...

I feel blessed that this guy, who has never done anything like this before, has put his trust in me and allowed him to document his life. In some way - and I'm not comparing myself to him - I feel like Alan Lomax (music documentarian)... Doing this with Keith and recording how he thinks and how he looks back at 50 years of fame is pretty fascinating.

» keithrichards.com

No comments:

Post a Comment