October 19, 2016

Black Sugar Transmission: new EP series "The Aughts"

NYC singer and guitar ace Andee Blacksugar will revisit the Black Sugar Transmission tracks that were recorded between 2000 and 2006, cherry picking the best stuff and release re-recorded versions for an EP series called The Aughts. Think hard-hitting glam rock goodness that will provoke countless air guitar solos. Vol 1: I'm Up For Anything Tonight can be bought from his webshop.

The Aughts is a new monthly series of 6-song EP releases. These are brand new re-recordings of songs I originally wrote/recorded on my trusty 4-track machine roughly between 2000 and 2006 (also known as the P*S*K era).

I revisited these old tunes recently and was surprised at how many of them I really liked. This led to the idea that it would be fun to re-record them with my current-day, all-grown-up, digital recording tools. This isn't to say I've slathered these songs in production; rather, I've tried to keep the original spirit of the 4-track versions, but with better sounds and performances.

» blacksugartransmission.com

HCTF review of In The City's Arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment