June 05, 2017

Ritchie Blackmore: interview in The Guardian

Ritchie Blackmore was interviewed in The Guardian. At 72 he is still very serious about music and tries shard not to have fun.

I don’t think the world is a fun place. I’m very content in my own mind, in a way, but fun, I’m not too sure about. I don’t quite know what fun is. I don’t know why I should walk around with a perpetual grin on my face, saying everything’s wonderful.

I just don’t fit into the ‘fun’ area. A lot of musicians go: ‘Oh, that was fun.’ Well, I like to think that music is very serious, and it’s not fun. I’m not one of these guys that likes jamming with people and having fun; music is too serious, and I don’t feel like I can relate if I’m having fun. It’s hard work and it’s really gratifying to do, but fun? Fun is something where someone tells a joke and they laugh for 10 seconds. Music’s much deeper than that.

Ritchie Blackmore will be on the road with his revived Rainbow and Blackmore's Night.

» blackmoresnight.com

No comments:

Post a Comment