Dutch country singer Amber Kamminga released a superb debut EP in 2017. Her new single Name Of Love is more pop-oriented, with lush backing vocals and crunchy keyboards. Her voice is her weapon of choice, powerful with just a hint of twang to appease the early adapters.
Kamminga is expanding her musical palette, emboldened by her regular trips to Nashville, playing live and hooking up with like-minded musicians to work on new songs as a team. Country remains the core, bug it can 't hurt to wander off to other genres that fit her phrasing. It might get her a bigger audience, something she really deserves.Live dates:
- 04/13 Record Store Day @ Pop-Eye Velvet (11.00), Alkmaar
- 04/13 Record Store Day @ Velvet (16.00), Eindhoven
- 04/19 De Brouwerij, Alkmaar
- 04/26 Radioshow 'The Basement', Compleet FM, Langedijk
- 05/02 De Taverne, Bergen
- 05/17 Op De Planken, Zaandam
- 08/10 Music Meet Texel, Texel
- 08/11 Music Meet Texel, Texel
HCTF review of Star-Crossed Lovers.